We are living in the age when everything is happening so quickly and sometimes we have a hard time adapting our schedule to new circumstances, especially because they change so often, almost on a daily basis. Also, the fast-paced modern life prevents us from eating regularly and keeping our body in a good physical condition. Sometimes our days become so hectic that we even forget how important it is to be physically active and get enough sleep on a daily basis. In such cases, a ten-minute workout fitness can be a real time-saver. It enables us to gain enough energy to go through the day and help us clear our mind and stay focused on the other things we need to finish. A ten-minute workout can be an incredibly effective way to get your muscles working and stay on track with your fitness routine.
Here are a few workouts that will bring you many benefits in the long run.
Start from a seating position with your knees bent and lift your feet about six inches off the ground. Lean back at a 45-degree angle and bring your hands together with your elbows out. Twist your torso to the right, then back to the center and then repeat everything to the left. Do 15 reps on each side. You will feel your core muscles being active. This workout has an immensely positive impact on your obliques and shoulders.
2. Bikini Walkout and Plank Jack
Stand at the back of your mat and walk your hands out in front of you into a plank position. Jump your feet out to the sides of your mat and back to center. Walk your hands back to meet your feet and return to standing. This exercise will sculpt your entire core and inner thighs.
3. Tummy Toner
If you want to tone your obliques and shoulders, this is just the right exercise for you. Again, start in a plank position and bring your right knee up to your right elbow and return to plank position. Repeat this on the other side.
4. Side Plank Knee-to-Elbow Crunch
Get in a side-plank position on your left hand with your bottom knee on the ground and the top leg extended out straight. Reach your right arm directly overhead and bring your right elbow to your right knee to a side-crunch position. Repeat on the other side. This exercise will also tone your obliques and shoulders.
5. Side Plank Hip Dips
Start in a side plank position on your left hand with your right arm stretched overhead and a top foot placed slightly in front of the bottom foot. Lower your hips a little toward the ground and then back up to the starting position. Repeat on the other side. This exercise will sculpt your oblique and shoulders.
This workout is a part of the program devised by Kelsey Wells. According to Kelsey, the best thing about this workout is that you can do it almost anywhere you’ve got a bench. If you don’t have a bench, try doing the moves on the ground. Here is the instruction on how to do this workout properly:
- Lie on your back and lift your legs in the air with your legs bent. Your hands should be placed beside your body. Use your lower abs to slowly curl the hips off the floor, into your chest and then lower them back to a starting position.
- Lie on your back with your hips and knees at right angles, with your palms pressed into your thighs. Pull your abs to your spine keeping your ribs and pelvis still as you lengthen your right arm and leg out until they are almost parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, and repeat on the left side to complete one rep.
- Lay flat on the ground with your legs extended straight up towards the ceiling. Place your hands underneath your head and lay your arms out to your side, allowing your palms to grip the floor. Slowly lower both legs down toward the floor, then slowly raise them back up.
- Start resting on all fours. Then, raise up off your knees onto your toes while keeping your hands directly below your shoulders. Remember to keep your belly button pulled in. Don’t let your body curve and hold for 60 seconds.
You can do each of this steps 12 times if you feel comfortable. If not, start with the small steps and then progress as you get more comfortable with exercises.